- Fat people should never admit that they need sustenance, much less like it.
Admitting that you enjoy food while fat will cause the non-fat to criticize you for being unable to control yourself around food. Especially if you have a sweet tooth or like potato chips. Things like that are only acceptable if you are not fat.
- Fat people are unable to have eating disorders because if they had eating disorders they would be skinny, not fat. Fat people eat too much and therefore restricting their caloric intake is a good thing, right?
- Fat people do not love physical activity. Fat people do not dance, run, hike, bike, walk, jump, play organized sports, or move their bodies. Fat people never exercise and abhor the outdoors.
- Fat people are never allowed to eat in public or show that they do have the basic human requirement to derive energy from food. If a fat person, for instance, eats a burrito on the way to class they are just asking for rude insensitive comments and cruelty.
- Fat people are not allowed to be sexual, to get it on with a person of their choosing, to enjoy having other people enjoy their bodies, to give and receive pleasure of a physical nature. People who are partners or lovers of a fat person are considered automatically (and while this is sometimes the case, it is not always the case) to be ‘chubby chasers’ or fat fetishizers or somehow noble for loving that poor fatty. Fat people who are asexual or disinclined to physical displays of affection are that way because they can’t get any, not because this is simply who they are.
- Fat people must dress ‘flatteringly’ at all times so as to minimize the impact their fatness has on other people. Fat people must also wear sacks and eschew fashion because fashion is not meant for fatties.
- Fat people must never be proud of their other attributes; they must always be aware THAT THEY ARE FAT AND FAT IS BAD.
- Fat people must not use public transportation or travel or do other things that force other people to come into contact with them
- Fat people must be prepared to see bodies like theirs representative of evil, laziness, greed, excess, cruelty, and other such things which emphasize the idea that fatness is because of an inherent mental or personal flaw and that if you are fat, you are also all these things.
- Fat people must be prepared to answer invasive questions about their diet, exercise, health history, and the like at any given time because if they didn’t want to detail their entire physical makeup for complete strangers, they shouldn’t be fat.
- Fat people must believe that any sign of harrassment, sexual abuse and even rape is a good thing because they wouldn’t be getting any any other way. (actual quote said to me, post-rape).
i know there’s more. Maybe I’ll revisit this in a bit and update it.
#1 (combined with this post) are why I sat here for two and a half hours tonight, getting increasingly hungry, and not getting off my ass to make myself dinner.
Even in my own home, I don’t feel comfortable acknowledging when I’m hungry.
This is why I emailed La Ventana tonight.
Because I am tired of food being the enemy.
Because I am tired of my body being the enemy.
Because I am tired of my fucking brain being the enemy.